Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Bangkok bound...





















I feel I would be cheating to say I went to Bangkok or even Thailand...truth be told we left Phnom Penh and flew to Bangkok only to inhabit the Khao San Road for two days...

Most of the few people I know who will be reading this blog may also be glad to know that the do-gooding (slightly ott!) charitable chapter has come to a close... for now at any rate!

Leaving Cambodia I did feel a bit sad having spent quite a bit of time there... but this was immediately remedied at the prospect of meeting Faye! One of our best friends who has been living down under for the last few years... Needless to say the two days in Khao San was all about recharging the batteries, girly catch ups, cocktails, beauty treatments, and shopping for tat. Fun!

Khao San road is a weird place, it is like being at Glastonbury Festival except with slightly more Thai people. I can't decide whether I like it or hate it. Perhaps both. One day I will have to return to Bangkok and see something more of the city... for now though it was just nice to spend time with my two girlies before heading to Hong Kong. yay!

1 comment:

  1. You and the girls look sooo pretty and healthy in your pictres! what fun!

    ReplyDelete