Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Hong Kong Part Deux
























































Right, now where was I?!

Ah... Hong Kong... Wondrous HK!

We spent a total of five days in HK, doing the usual tourist thing... We got a boat to Lantau (nearby island) and went on a hike, it was a bit rubbish if I confess and I take full responsibility for choosing one which seemed to set us off in an expat holiday resort, but it was ok... nice to see a different side.

We also went for drinks in one of HK's highest bars, mixing with the HK elite ha ha! This was a welcome enjoyment after rather annoyingly not been allowed into high tea at the peninsula for wearing flip flops! They obviously didn't recognise the newly bought Khmer designer dress but hey ho what could I do...

On our last night we went to Happy Valley racing which had been the whole reason we had stayed so long in HK... It was so much fun!!! Having been to Sha-tin previously and winning I had convinced myself that I would not win anything but this was fortunately not the case! The whole experience asides from winning was brilliant, the stadium itself is bang in the middle of Hong Kong so surrounded by skyscrapers, and it looks amazing. It is also unbelievably cheap, less than a pound to get in! And for once we were able to get cheap beers which we of course utilised to the full. Out of 8 races I won three and placed in two....Adam won one and placed in five so between the two of us we did well and definitely came out well up on what we had had... an extremely fun night all in all, finished with cocktails in a couple of Hong Kongs supposed hottest bars....Horse racing is my new favourite sport! Next stop Grand National....

No comments:

Post a Comment