Monday, May 18, 2009

Temples @ Angkor Wat




So... I could have felt a bit sad and low when the teaching ended... but fortunately my friend Alex arrived the next day! She had been volunteering in Thailand and it was by chance we finished at a similar time. It was lovely to meet another friend in Siem Reap, especially now that I had been here for a whole month. Someone to drink frozen margaritas with and wander round the bizarrely western streets... and of course, being Alex and I we managed to indulge in a body wrap, massage and pedicure on a particularly rainy Sunday afternoon!


But it was not all elaborate cocktails, pizzas and pampering... We got up at 4.30am on the Monday and attempted to tackle the temples with Mr Thy... When Mr Thy had been a bit funny about the 4.30 start we thought he might be busy that night... turns out it was because the weather was rubbish and we may as well have left at 8 as there was no sunrise! Oh well. Being that it was my second time there it was interesting to see what I had forgotten, and it was cool to see them again... Alex and I were in hysterics as we were stuck up "Temple Mountain" the way up was so steep we were panicked we may never get back down... it was almost as funny as the night before when a rather loud lightning storm had caught us by surprise causing me to stand stock still and Alex to run around in a circle, both of us screaming, the Khmer people laughing hard at us from a shop certainly thought it was funny.




No comments:

Post a Comment